Friday, September 18, 2009

Hi From Denver

I flew to Denver on Thursday to attend the annual American Christian Fiction Writers conference. It's my third ACFW conference, and so far, it's been great.

Though I'm shy by nature, I really enjoy going to conferences. I love meeting with editors, talking with my agent, and taking a workshop or two. By far my favorite part of conferences is always the booksigning. Some of you know that I absolutely love to read. I love books. I love the authors who write them. I don't think that I've ever not bought an armful of books at conference. (much to my husband's dismay!)

And now that I'm an author, I love to talk to readers of my books.

Last year at the Mall of America, I got the chance to meet quite a few readers, which was just wonderful. I also signed quite a few books for people who just happened to stop be at the mall and were interested in Amish novels. This year, the booksigning will be at the hotel.

This morning, I went to a three hour workshop. I also got to hear the incredible Debbie Macomber speak. I'm a big fan of Debbie's, and even bought her new cookbook to give to a girlfriend of mine who couldn't be here.

On Sunday, I'll fly home. I'm sure I'll be anxious to get back to my usual routine. But for now, I'm going to enjoy another 24 hours in Denver. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment